Sunday, March 25, 2012

Thrift Store finds

It's been awhile! Over two months--dang. How time flies when...you're a mom of three :)

As always, I've made time for some thrifting.
Here's some recent finds:

This groovy 1960's cookbook is so cheerful and cute,
I had to buy it!


The title is so funny to me, for some reason. 
"Let's start to cook."
It sounds so casual, which is what I like about it.
"Let's pour ourselves a glass of wine and start to cook, hmmm?"
And of course if anything is going to be made, chocolate cupcakes
are at the top of the list.

From cover to cover, it is equally adorable!


Love the illustrations :D



I bought the cookbook, along with the next few books pictured below,
at an awesome book sale--$3 for a grocery bag full, 
as many as you could stuff in.

Needless to say, our little home has an abundance of new books lying around!

These ones I bought purely for their beautiful covers, I admit.


But then there is something altogether beautiful about old books in general.
The history in them alone--the crumbling pages, the vintage type.


This vintage painting is another beauty.
Somehow, the fact that it was painted in the 50's just adds to it's appeal,
ya know?

I like how there is one red rose amongst the white.




One thing I always love are vintage dishes.
This sweet platter would be perfect for some tea cookies,
don't you think?


This one was in such nice shape, I wasn't sure at first
if it was vintage or modern.


Lastly, I found these vintage patterns.
They'd be fun to incorporate into an art project of some kind.



They were only 10 cents each, so it was hard not picking up
every cute one I could find.



This is one of my favorites of the bunch.


For some reason, this one makes me think of "Mad Men."
Haven't watched that show in forever :(


Now if only I knew how to sew--making clothing for my kids
is definitely something I would want to try!


I am linking up with Sophie of Her Library Adventures.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

You're giving me the thrifting bug! You always find such special things!

emmel-prutsemieke said...

so much patterns!!!