Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Each day counts. Except today.



I sit here with a big ol' steaming cup of defeat.
On the plus side, the cup itself is a really cute vintage one
(although I guess that's a matter of taste: hello, naughty bunnies).
 And, it has the intoxicatingly rich smell of coffee.


Oh. That's because it is coffee.



I'm only 4 days into my amazingnewhealthyeatinglifestyle, and I broke at coffee.
Well, not really--although coffee IS amazing. It was just one of those days today...
one thing after another.
A little disappointment regarding something...
 I just wanted to say "I give up."

For today, anyway.

(side note: who the bleep new coffee had so many calories in it?!!
Umm, perhaps it's the half cup of Coffee-Mate I pour innocently add?)

But, I refuse to let a little self-pity-ish eating end my goals.
It just doesn't FEEL GOOD to eat the way I was eating--which wasn't overly horrible
(ok, maybe in some ways it was),
but just poorly thought out.

There's a lot more to say, but for now I'll end it by saying this: Look out, Health.
I'm coming and I've got big plans for you and me.
For today, though, I'm not counting calories.
That can start again tomorrow.

Now, please pass the pesto. It's my favorite dinner and it's what's on the menu tonight.

Do you have any healthy eating/living tips, meals, products, websites, etc. that you love?
 I'd be so glad to know!


xo, Marty


p.s. That's pesto paired with whole wheat pasta, and zucchini and squash on the side.
I always was a bit of a good girl.

p.p.s. The things I cheated with: chips and salsa, grilled cheese (I never even used to eat g.c., but my hubby taught me how to make it "correctly" so it tastes like a cheese dog from Hot Dog on a Stick!), and, of course, COFFEE. Or should I say, Coffee-Mate. Ahem, and ice cream.


3 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Oh well, never mind! There's always tomorrow and total denial is just too exhausting!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Cameron said...

Aw, Honey...don't be so hard on yourself!

I can't give up coffee, which is why I follow a no sugar, low carb plan. It works for me without having to measure, count or write down anything.

You would have to switch to regular half and half, though....and a no sugar sweetener. I found a yummy sugar free caramel syrup that tastes amazing in my morning joe!

If you are interested in learning more, don't hesitate to ask :)

Love those naughty little bunnies....haha!

Anonymous said...

That cup is half FULL, my friend!
And get some of that sugar free creamer in the milk section. It tastes GREAT and is only 15 calories per serving. If you drink a pooload of coffee like I do, you can't just go to black if you're not used to it. BUT---even if you drink 10 cups a day, it's still only 150 calories. And think how much you're not eating if you're drinking 10 cups of coffee. RIGHT??????