Friday, August 5, 2011

The August Break 2011: Pic 5


Adisenne LOVES to take pictures with my phone. 
Usually they look something like this:

NOT the official August Break Pic, btw! ;)


Blur. Blur blur blur.

Today she asked if she could take a picture of me
 because, as she put it, she "loves me."

And lately, when I've been telling her I love her,
she asks me" Do you love YOU too, mama?"

She reminds me to love myself.
I think if I try to imagine myself through her eyes,
it's impossible not to,
because she is always so sweet to me,
giving me flowers or heart-shaped leaves
as tokens of her affection.

This picture of me is one she took.
So I decided to play around with it, and have it be
my pic of the day so I can remember that sweet lesson from her.

Reminding me that I am worth loving, too.


Thank you, Addie, for loving me.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

They do teach us sooo much, don't they?!

Their pure hearts, innocence and thoughtfulness....amazing to see them process the world we live in with such honesty...a true reminder of what is most important....