Wednesday, August 31, 2011

beach wave (goodbye)

Today we leave for a trip back home.

Although Oregon is my NEW home in every sense of the word,
I will always be a California girl at heart.
It's impossible not to refer to it as home after living there 99% 
of my 33 years on earth ;)

I am grateful for the contrast living in Oregon is--
for the new opportunities and challenges it has presented.
At times, living here has seemed very  hard, 
and alternately there have been times it's felt so easy.

Life is like that, huh? Our hearts can be in multiple places
and want to sometimes be other than where we are...
while still loving your new life completely.

I won't be blogging for the week or so we are gone,
so I thought I'd share some beachy pics 
 until we return.


“The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.”

--Jacques Cousteau


“Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.”
-- Michelle Held





"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." --Isaac Newton



“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.”
--Isak Dinesen


“One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach; one can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few.”
--Anne Morrow Lindbergh


"In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth."--Rachel Carson



“My life is like a stroll on the beach...as near to the edge as I can go.”
--Thoreau

“Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.”
--Anonymous


"At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun." -Unknown


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drive safe Marty, and have a great time while you are in California!

Your beach pictures are wonderful.
You make me nostalgic for children, and for the sea:)

Cameron said...

I so wish you were coming to my neck of the woods! Have a great visit....blog as soon as you get back so we know you are alright....and to save us from missing you ;P

Love those beachy pics! Kids, kites and smiles galore....sand in their toes, salt on their lips, precious memories in their hearts....