Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Paper Mama Photo Challenge: Fave from August



I've been reading cutesy Chelsey's blog, The Paper Mama, for a bit now, but have never entered one of her fun Photo Challenges. (That's her daughter Ruari above. Isn't she adorable?) Although I love taking and editing photos, I'm quite haphazard about it. I don't know what's right "technically," but rather go with what pleases my eye.

This week's challenge is your "favorite photo from August." While I find it impossible to choose a favorite, simply because there are so many fun moments captured, I chose this one of Addie to submit:



I posted this same photograph of her wearing her purple peace sign shirt about a week ago, but it was unedited. I chose this as my favorite for August simply because it was fun to work on, and I liked the way it came out. I think the only thing I would change would be to have her hair down...but as odd as the serious little look she wears is, I like it :) I didn't tell her to pose that way at all, lol! I asked if I could take a picture of her, so that I could show the shirt...and that is what she gave me. Crazy girl.

I guess that this picture is my favorite in what it symbolizes, if you will--the peace signs, and the light.

You can check out more about this contest and see the other submissions HERE.


2 comments:

Cameron said...

This is a wonderful picture...though, you are right, there have been so many this month!

I do love all that light dacing around her :)

Anonymous said...

She almost looks like she is praying for peace - a real flower child:)

Happy Sunday to you both!